The countdown has begun. The Flash Memory Summit is back in-person at the Santa Clara Convention Center, and we couldn’t be more excited. At FMS, KIOXIA - along with the entire industry - is celebrating a major milestone: This year (2022) marks the 35th anniversary of KIOXIA’s invention of flash memory. Back in 1987, it would have been difficult to imagine just how much our lives would change over the coming decades.
Consider your smart phone, car, computer, gaming console, wearables, smart TV, streaming devices and more. Every day we rely on these applications for communication, entertainment, mobility, health and so much more. And none of these applications would be possible without flash memory.
While looking back at the transformative technology we invented back in 1987, we also have eyes on the future. At FMS, we’ll highlight the many ways that we are defining what’s next for flash, including innovative new products, form factors, and solutions. Here are just a few of the FMS demos we have planned in our booth #307 on the show floor:
- CM7 Series E3.S Enterprise NVMe® SSDs: Live demo highlighting new form factor running with PCIe® 5.0 speed.
- XD6 Series E1.S and CD7 Series E3.S Data Center SSDs: Live demo using products in EDSFF form factors.
- CD8 Series Data Center SSDs: Highlighting the performance differences between PCIe 5.0 and 4.0 technologies.
- XFMEXPRESSTM XT2: Live demo highlighting the performance of the industry’s first1 XFM DEVICE Ver.1.0-compliant removable PCIe® standard attached, NVMe storage device: XT2.
- XL-FLASHTMstorage class memory: Live demo highlighting the performance of XL-FLASH, KIOXIA low latency, high performance BiCS FLASH™3D flash memory.
Additional demos and more information on the entire breadth of KIOXIA products and solutions can be found in our 3D virtual booth: https://www.vrexhibitdesign.com/AEM/kioxia/VEC/. We’ll also be giving a keynote presentation and participating in an executive roundtable.
Be sure to check out our 35th anniversary website (https://about.kioxia.com/en-us/flash35.html) for some funny videos that explore what our lives would be like without flash memory (and much, much more). We’ll be debuting a new video at FMS that takes a comedic look at what life would be like without Smart Home devices.
Hope to see you in Santa Clara next week!
1: As of June 14, 2022. Source: KIOXIA Corporation.
The NVMe and NVMe-oF, word marks are registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks of NVM Express, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Unauthorized use strictly prohibited.
PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
The views and opinions expressed in this blog are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect those of KIOXIA America, Inc.